Tag Archives: naval armory

Admiral Heslar and Traders Point

(photo of carriage house) Admiral Heslar was the first commanding officer of the Naval Armory in Indianapolis, built in 1936. Between 1943 and 1945, Navy strategists gathered at the Naval Armory in Indianapolis to plan their wartime campaigns, including the … Continue reading

Posted in Area History, Historic Residents | Tagged | 3 Comments