Traders Point Mill similar to original at Lafayette Road and Eagle Creek
On May 8, 1897, Mancher F. Glidewell deeded the four-story grist mill in Traders Point to the Traders Point Church of Christ for $150.00. The mill was built in 1864 by Josiah Coughran and John Jennings, who also laid out the hamlet of Traders Point. The mill was situated between Eagle Creek and Lafayette Road. In preparation for use as a meeting house, the fieldstone foundation building of hand-hewn lumber from the nearby forest was cut down to one and a half stories.